Thursday, July 9, 2009

military spouses

I know, I'm on a roll today!

I just wanted to show my appreciation for all the military spouses out there. I know I am one so I'm a little bias but I don't know if "civilians" really understand how much military spouses sacrafice.

Yes, we are lucky... we get free health care, housing, support groups, and a paycheck every 2 weeks. I do not take that for granted, not at all. And this isn't meant to be a complaint or "feel sorry for me" moment.

That being said...

A military spouse has a lot to deal with. We take care of the house, the bills, the pets, the cars, the children and that's when everything else in our life is going smoothly. We can act as single parents for months at a time if not longer and we never know what will happen next. Where we will live in the next few years, if there will be a new war our spouse will be sent to fight, and if our spouse will even make it home safely.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is the next time you see a man or woman in uniform and you decide you want to thank them for their service don't forget to look at the wife/husband standing next to them and thank them too. :)

1 comment:

  1. I thank you, your husband, your friends you made out there and their spouses for the service all of you provide for our country. In order for the men and women who serve their country 100% they need to know things are being taken care of at home. I know Matt has nothing to worry about. Even though spouses very rarely get the respect they deserve it is out of love for thier mates, families, and country that they endure what they do with all the grace and dignity of a true patriot. I'm proud of you girl, Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete